Sunday, August 28, 2005

A package from my Secret Pal

This past week I received another fun package from my secret pal in Seattle (see picture following this post). Included were a pair of stitch markers, two skeins of sock yarn, a cute note pad and pen, some “Hula Pie” Hawaii roasted “coffee with an attitude,” from “The Bad Ass Coffee Co.” of Kona, Hawaii, and a book on Domino Knitting, a technique unfamiliar to me. In domino knitting, the pieces are knitted together while the work progresses, and it is supposed to be less stressful on the knitter’s arms and shoulders than other kinds of knitting. Domino is knitted on short, preferably wooden needles, or circular needles, using only a few stitches at a time. I’m looking forward to trying this new (to me--the technique’s been around for more than a century, also known as “number knitting”) method. Thank you, Secret Pal, for the thoughtful gifts!
The SP5 event will end on August 31st. It had been challenging to learn to work with E-mail on our very slow “dial-up” system. The blog has been fun, as well, even though I still don’t understand how to post by myself. For those of you who might be interested, the next “secret pal” event begins September 3rd. Go to hhttp://www.secretpalsix.blogspot.com. There is another event, too: hhttp://theneedleexchange.blogspot.com. I may pass this next event up since it runs to the end of November, competing with major holidays. This “old grey mare” can’t juggle as fast and as much as she used to!!