Saturday, July 02, 2005

My First July Day

WHAT??? Oh, this won’t do!! My computer clock says it’s really 2:04 July 2nd!! That means I’m already late for July 1st!! That’s just too bad. It’s still July 1st. It’s just a little later than usual, and I’m just a little behind! My day began on the road at 7 AM en route to my first appointment, followed by numerous errands, followed by my son’s next appointment at 11AM down the hill, followed by his next appointment at 2;30pm back up the hill, followed by my husband’s appointment back down the hill, followed by several more errands, including a trip to the ranch for apricots, peaches, and plums, followed by the trip back up the hill to the grocery store! We arrived home at 7PM, twelve hours later!
With the temperatures today hovering around 100 degrees, and an overheating car requiring the air conditioner to be turned off (UGH!), a shower was my first priority! Ahhhhh! About ten minutes later, our daughter, Krystalynn, and her husband, Steve, and their new “baby” (a weimariner puppy), arrived from Healdsburg, where they are on summer break from their work in a high school Christian boarding academy. Shortly after their arrival, one of her long time home-school friends dropped by with her husband and 16 month old to visit, before leaving to fly home to Indiana. In the meantime, I threw together a “haystack” supper. The remainder of the evening was filled with catching up and old memories. And, last, but not least, (just prior to this message posting), there were dishes to be done and fruit to be sorted and put in a cool environment. I think that’s how I got a little behind today.