Wednesday, June 29, 2005

John's graduation weekend June 17,18,2005

On June 17th, I drove from Danny’s and Kristy’s home in Valencia , to Palmdale, approximately 40 miles east in the Mohave Desert, to visit my youngest son, John, his wife, Rhona, and their adorable two year old daughter, Daphne. This was John’s graduation week-end from Advanced Career College where he was trained to be a multi-platform certified network engineer in computers, with certifications in MCSE/MCSA, :Messaging/MCP/A+!!! It’s way over my comprehension??, but I was very honored to be able to be a part of his celebration, and very proud of him, too. Congratulations, John!! Good job!! Rhona, did a great job of organizing, planning and decorating for the ceremony, including a lovely party afterwards! Very thoughtful and well done! Thank you, Rhona, for all of your love, encouragement, and support during his schooling and training, (towards both John and Daphne). You “kept the home fires burning and held down the fort!”
During my short visit with them I had the awesome privilege of spending time bonding with my adorable little granddaughter, Daphne, as well as her Daddy and Mommy. Daphne is quiet, observant , cautious, pensive, and loves sliding down slides, swinging, going “hikin” (in her stroller), “binkies, and singing “Five Little Monkeys” while jumping on the bed!! She has almost completely potty trained herself ! She is a little cutie, very sweet, and fun to spend time with. I only wish she and my other precious grandchildren, as well as their Mommies and Daddies, weren’t so far away.
Alas…all too soon, June 19th, Sunday, I had to leave, and drive back to the cruel world of work and multitudinous responsibilities!