Monday, September 11, 2006

2006 Insights from 9/11

Today, Monday, September 11th, 2006, our country, once again, memorialized one of the darkest days in America's history.

Today I was reminded, once again, that in living....beginning with birth....each of us will experience our own individual and personal dark days and cross the path of pain....some more than others.

Today I listened anew to the many opposing stories....stories of those who were gruesomely lost....and those who were miraculously spared.

Today I was reminded, once again, that it is only by the grace of God that any of us survive the circumstances and events, often unseen, in our everyday lives....allowing us more time to live out our purpose.

Today I was reminded, once again, that God, in His mercy, doesn't reveal to us glimpses of our future....those difficult, painful journeys ahead. It must be enough for us to know with certainty that our times are in His hands....That He will be with us in our future, as He is in our present.

Today, I was reminded, once again, to ask God for sensitivity and compassion toward all humanity....that there, but for the grace of God, go I.